Sunday, May 10, 2009

to mama, with so much love

and why i celebrate today:





1. you have promised to love papa above and beyond the context of marriage.
2. you have agreed to be a mother biologically to me and merlou, and whole heartedly to kuya kris, kelly, ate kareen, kuya karlo and kuya patrick.
3. because merlou dave won't be as happy as he is now without his "mama" in you.
4. because 23 years and 21 days ago, you have endured a 48 hour labor before giving birth to me.
5. for giving me a pa-star name that you consistently tell me na unique at lagi naman namimiss-spell at miss-pronounce, nevertheless, i can't and won't imagine having a name other than ma. pheona monica. aww, you dropped the monica pala. lucky me.
6. you have instilled the value of family, love, forgiveness and positive outlook towards life and living it.
7. for not sending me home after three months of my "testing" studies in tacloban.
8. for naming after me our garments manufacturing business. hahaha! sosyalan lang!
9. be cause you let me hug you alooooot and..
10. for hugging me so tight when i'm sleeping.

ten is microscopic. enumerating the number of times that you stand by the term and your role as a mother is a futile attempt. you've done so much and getting in return less. the pureness of your heart is the safe blanket that keeps me and noynoy going and getting tough wherever we're going.

we love you

and we intend to show it

in all the more-than-one ways that we know of.

love is a word you're spelling out for us

and that we'll say out loud back to you

through all it's possible definition.

happy mother's day mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment